Tuesday 16 July 2013

Canadian stereotypes

We only drink beer
I do not drink, obviously because I am a kid and my family just doesn't drink, but Canadians drink (as in liquor) everything a normal American would drink. Even if there are different brands it's still the same type of drinks.

We say "eh" a lot
I never said eh in my life. It's probably just in one part of Canada. Anyway Americans say huh and Australians say aye.

We live on a diet of back bacon and maple syrup
I love bacon, but I barely eat it, and I don't even like maple syrup.


We only love the sport of hockey

Read my first post. The only sport I mentioned was swimming. I love skateboarding, skiing, skating, baseball, basketball, soccer, football, everything in track and field, and billions more!


Our favourite fashion accessory is the toque

Toques are cute but I like beanies better :3 We like a lot of other fashion accessories. My favourite is probably infinity scarves because there are just awesome!


It's wintertime 11 months of the year

Where I live, it is winter for 2 weeks and most of the time it only snows about 3 to 4 days a year.


We are really polite

That is good and we are just really friendly to people who are friendly to us, but if anyone brings this stereotype up in any conversation we'll just say "SHUTUP!!!" 


We say "aboot"
I don't.


We live amongst the polar bears
Never saw one in my life and we Canadians are obviously scared of these human-eating beasts. I do think they are beautiful, and the cubs are adorable, but any smart person would stay away from them.


We all know each other

Besides at school and in my house or neighbourhood, I only see someone I know every month.



We Canadians live the same lives as Americans except that we have ketchup chips, which taste awesome. If you ever come to Canada make sure to try them out. They don't even taste like ketchup to me!

A special thanks to Jennifer Cox and her post about stereotypes because I used the stereotypes from her post and got some ideas! (http://www.craveonline.com/lifestyle/articles/172559-top-10-stereotypes-about-canadians)