Saturday 20 July 2013

Sleep :D

    Sleep can be a beautiful thing or torture. How could one subject have such huge differences?!?! First of all, temperature. If it's too hot it's IMPOSSIBLE to sleep! If it's cold it's okay because I can just use a blanket, but I always move around in my sleep and I wakeup shivering to death with my blanket on the other side of my bed! Another thing that matters is your bedding (blankets, sheets, pillows, etc.) Dreams matter too! I do not like nightmares!! Who does? I guess people who love horror movies love nightmares. But I love horror movies and I hate nightmares. I guess I hate nightmares because it is like real life and all the bad stuff happens to ME! Lastly, if I wake up in the night it bugs me sooo bad!!!

Let's talk about good sleep (in my opinion).

1. You get comfortable in bed while the air has a tint of coldness so its refreshing but not too hot or cold.
2. The bed is set up and the matress is nice and soft while the pillow makes your head slightly sink in as the soft, thin, blankets rest on your skin.
3. You read, play your phone, hug your stuffy, say your prayers, etc. Then you close your eyes and drift into sleep.
4. You see black then you open your eyes and it is 10 in the morning. You have a yawn, stretch your arms, slip on a robe, and head downstairs to eat waffles, bacon, fruitpunch, and korean pancakes.

     That was my dream sleep. I wish it was like that. Especially the food (I know it's really random. It just seems really yummy.) Now it's time to deal with reality. This is what sleep is really like for me:

1. My bed is a mess and my clothes and other belongings are piled on it. I push everything off. (Atleast I thought I did so)
2. I lay down and grab the blanket which is super thick and quite rough. The temperature is really hot so I take off my blanket but there is an unsetteling feeling so I pull it back on. Again it is too hot so I stick one leg out. Then I get scared that something is going to grab my leg and pull me away so I put my blanket back on. Im burning hot so I open all the windows but there is no breeze so there is no difference in temperature. I lay there under my blanket, my head beaded with sweat as I squirm around trying to get comfortable. I feel a stabbing pain in my foot and I realize I stabbed my foot with a pencil that didn't get pushed off my bed when I was pushing "everything" off my bed. I hear a little squishy sound then the smell hits me! I realize it is my lil sis on the top bunk (yes, we share a room) and it was a wet fart. I cover my nose with my blanket but it gets too stuffy inside so I take it off. I lay there clueless of what to do. Then I stay awake trying to force myself to sleep and it eventually works at 2am.
3. I have a dream that the 101 dalmations lady chases my family then stabs my little sister with her long purple claws that are coated poison. I open my eyes and it's only been half an hour so its 2:30am.
4.I eventually almost fall asleep until I realize I have a bleeding nose (I get bleeding noses in summer because its so hot and in winter because its so dry.)  I dash to the washroom and use toilet paper to soak up the blood. Then I sit on the edge of the bathtub pinching my nose and holding the toilet paper to it.
5. The bleeding stops and I head back to bed. I close my eyes and try to sleep and I finally go to sleep (with a nightmare of a needlefish chasing me).
6. I wake up and I am late for summer school. I slip on the first clothes I can find, grab my hair brush and stuff it in my backpack, and jump into our car. I brush my hair on my way to summer school and I forgot to wear socks, so I have to wear sneakers without socks (bleh) and I forgot to eat breakfast, pack a lunch, and brush my teeth. My dad drops me off and my stomach is so empty, it hurts!

     So, that's how it is for me daily during summer! Yay me! What an awesome routine!